Headlining Case Construction Equipment’s participation at Bauma is its new combined steering system for Case graders – an industry first
Headlining Case Construction Equipment’s participation in Bauma this year is its new combined steering system for Case graders – an industry first. Case will unveil the patented feature which combines the industry-standard controls for the front wheel and frame articulation angle of a grader into one function, managed through either the joystick or the steering wheel.
Combined steering is a unique technology that uses a network of angular sensors to provide steering feedback to the vehicle control unit. It can be activated when required and used in conjunction with variable steering ratios to adapt to site conditions.
For job-sites requiring tight turns in confined spaces, combined steering can be supplemented by the wheel lean function.
The feature can be activated at the touch of a button, making driving and grading tasks easier. When not required, wheel lean can be disconnected from the combined steering, leaving wheel steering angle and frame articulation moving simultaneously.
Another highlight of the Case stand will be its new compact wheel loaders with electrohydraulic controls. With more than 20 sensors and 20 electrohydraulic actuators installed on the machine, Case says this new technology will improve operator controllability, provide the option to select different operating modes and allow combined movements. Operators will have greater control over the hydraulic speed for both travel and unloading.
Other refinements to compact wheel loaders that Case will show off include a new hydraulic quick coupler for better visibility in load operations and new fork frames and buckets for increased rollback angle and greater load retention at high speeds.
MECN is collaborating with Construction Machinery News Middle East magazine to cover Bauma 2019. Look out for our special hot list of equipment as part of our special coverage of the event.
- Case Construction Equipment – a new combined steering system for Case graders – an industry first
- The future is now at Volvo CE’s stand
- Electrifying new launch for Bobcat at Bauma
- A focus on zero-emissions for Wacker Neuson
- Bauma Preview – Cranes
- Powered access equipment
- Minis take centre stage at HCME
- Paving the way forward with Wirtgen
- The digitisation of the industry
- New introductions galore from Caterpillar
- Construction gets cleaner with Scania
- MB-HDS simplifies job-site materials processing d suitable for excavators and loaders up to 35t, says MB Crusher