Project to provide direct access to North Town project in the Seef district
Bahrain’s Ministry of Works announced on Monday that the construction of a major new causeway that would link the Kingdom to a $2.66bn coastal development was scheduled to start work by the beginning of 2015.
Following nearly a decade of delays, the Gulf Daily News said that the project would provide direct access to the Northern Town project from the Seef district, bypassing the existing Budaiya Highway altogether.
“The works ministry has now assigned two consultants to prepare studies on the coastal route, which should be complete by December next year due to the nature of the area that would cut through,” said Hussain Al Sagheer, municipal councilor.
The ministry told the Northern Municipal Council that it expects the designs for the new route to take around a year to complete. Therefore, it anticipated that construction of the road would be due to start by early 2015.
Al Sagheer added that he expected the entire project to take around two years to complete.
Earlier this month, the Ministry of Works invited construction firms to submit their bids for Phase II of the maintenance and paintings of their causes, as part of a plan to beautify interchanges with flyovers.