Participate in a special BIM4Safety research project looking at Virtual Design Construction (VDC) technologies
MECN is joining up with the UAE University to run a survey exploring the opportunity for Virtual Design Construction (VDC) technologies to improve job-site safety in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC).
Set-up by Muneeb Afzal, a research assistant at UAE University, whose BIM4Safety research project aims to improve construction job site safety by using the latest digital tools and techniques.
“One of the ambitions of this research project is to determine the potential of using Virtual Design Construction (VDC) technologies to improve job-site safety in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). For that matter a research questionnaire has been designed as a method of data collection, which will then drive towards the research outcomes,” said Afzal.
The data is meant to aims to achieve following beneficial outcomes:
- Understanding from lexical point of view and determining the current scenario of construction jobsite safety in Gulf Cooperation Council.
- Determine the status of existing Virtual Design Construction (VDC) technology practices and their application to improve jobsite safety.
- Evaluate the awareness of the construction industry experts with respect to the Virtual Design Construction (VDC)
- Evaluate if Virtual Design Construction (VDC) technology can be of any help in regards to mitigating job-site construction safety incidents.
- Analyze the possible barriers that could hamper the adoption of VDC technology to improve job site safety.
The survey is live now until 1 August, 2019, if you would like to share your views, please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3XVQQYB