Outdoor event will run from 7:30pm to 10:30pm while strictly adhering to COVID-19 related safety protocols and precautions on 26 January, 2021
The 2020 edition of the Big Project Middle East Awards will be held on January 26, at the Ritz Carlton JBR in Dubai. The event will be held on the hotel’s outdoor amphitheatre and will be strictly adhering to the Dubai government’s COVID-19 regulations, organisers say.
Following an extensive judging process that covered more than 140 nominations, the editorial has now revealed the shortlisted nominees for the Big Project ME Awards 2020.
According to the editorial team, the categories that attracted the most attention were the Project categories, which saw dozens of nominations come in across 10 specific categories, with the most high-profile ones being the Project of the Year, as well as the Infrastructure and Sustainability Projects of the Year.
Other categories that received strong interest were the Multi-Discipline Contractor of the Year, the individual construction professional categories, as well as the categories that focused on construction technology, reflecting the industry’s digital transformation journey over the last year.
The outdoor gala dinner will begin at the Ritz Carlton JBR at 7:30PM on January 26th and will strictly adhere to COVID-19 related safety protocols and precautions. The event will incorporate social distancing measures and every attendee will be expected to wear masks, unless eating or drinking at their respective tables.
The Big Project Middle East Awards 2020 are proudly supported by the following sponsors:
Gold Sponsors: ALEC and ASGC
Silver Sponsors: Driver Trett, Tenable Fire Engineering Consultancy, Voltas
Bronze Sponsors: 12D Model, GCS, Tenderd
Platinum Energy Partners: KiloWatt Labs, Infusion Solar Energy Systems, Perco
Here are some of the shortlisted nominees for the Big Project ME Awards 2020. The full list will be revealed on the night of the awards.
Big Project ME Professional of the Year
- Cheng Qianli – China State Construction Engineering Corporation ME
- Pierre Roman – Total Solar Distributed Generation Middle East
- Rade Miljanovic – ALEC
Excellence in Health and Employee Safety
- ASGC for their Target Zero Campaign
- Multiplex for the Worker Welfare Management System
- The Red Sea Development Company for their COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
Construction Technology Innovation of the Year
- Ares Prism
- Hydro CIRCAL
Digital Transformation Champion of the Year
- Dubai Municipality
Multi-Discipline Contractor of the Year
Fit-Out Project of the Year
- Dubai International Airport – ASGC
- The Address Fountain Views – Depa Interiors
- Waldorf Astoria Hotel – ALEC Fitout
Sustainability Project of the Year
- Coastal Village Residential Buildings, The Red Sea Development – DUBOX by Amana
- Jebel Ali SWRO Plant – ACCIONA
- One Za’abeel – Ithra Dubai
BIM Project of the Year
- Address Jumeirah Gate – Multiplex
- Ras Tanura Refinery – Global Construction Solutions
- The Storm Coaster by Emaar Entertainment – ALEC
Infrastructure Project of the Year
- Dubai Metro Route 2020 – ACCIONA
- Dubai International Airport Improvement Works – ASGC
R1086 DHE Mall Access Infrastructure and Umm Suqeim Street Upgrade – China State Construction Engineering Corporation Middle East
Project of the Year
- Al Qana Waterfront – Al Barakah International Investments
- MBR Library – ASGC
- Mobility Pavilion, EXPO 2020 – ALEC