Construction

MHPS to supply three gas turbines for new Fujairah power project

Firm has received orders for 154 gas turbines from customers in the Middle East and North Africa

Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS) will supply three M701 JAC gas turbine generators for a new 2,400MW combined cycle (GTCC) plant in Fujairah. The project, named Fujairah F3, is billed as the largest natural gas-fired GTCC plant in the UAE.

The gas turbines and other auxiliary equipment will be supplied by MHPS through Samsung C&T Corporation, the lead contractor for the project. As part of the deal, MHPS has also included a Long Term Service Agreement (LTSA) for the project.

According to a statement, Abu Dhabi National Energy Company (Taqa) and Mubadala Investment Company will jointly hold a 60% stake, while Marubeni Corporation will hold the remaining 40%. The project owners will build, own, and operate the facility. Commercial operation of the GTCC plant is scheduled to begin in 2023.

“This extremely efficient plant will support EWEC’s sustainability and energy efficiency, and is a major project that will enable a reduction in CO2 emissions. I am extremely pleased that through cooperation with strong partner companies, we will be able to efficiently and significantly improve water and electricity production,” said Othman Al Ali, CEO of Emirates Water and Electricity Company (EWEC).

Fujairah F3 is being built in a coastal area of Fujairah (Qidfa). The SPC that will operate the plant (Fujairah Power Company F3 LLC) expects the facility to supply EWEC with electricity for 25 years, with capacity sufficient to power 380,000 UAE households.

Khalid Salem, president of MHPS Mena (Middle East & North Africa) added, “The UAE government is promoting the introduction of clean energy, and we are pleased that supplying MHPS’s most advanced gas turbines will contribute to sustainable economic growth in the UAE.”

MHPS says with this new order for three turbines, it has supplied a total of 12 units to the UAE.

5 1 vote
Article Rating

Comments

Most Popular

To Top