IVECO outperforming Turkish market, firm tells local bodybuilders

Turkish truck body builders encouraged to embrace new markets

IVECO Turkey hosted body builders from across Turkey at a convention that took place in Istanbul on 11th July.

During the event, which follows IVECO’s biannual body builder event held last November, participants were encouraged to look at new business opportunities in the African and Middle Eastern markets

The convention was attended by more than 100 body builders. Around 70% of the participants specialise in the light and medium segments, manufacturing body types ranging from box body to more complex super structures such as road sweeping and waste disposal. The other 30% specialise in the heavy segment with applications such as mixers, tippers, trailers.

In his opening speech, IVECO Turkey Marketing Director Tansu Giz stated: “We organised this event with the aim of offering body builders new opportunities abroad, since the Turkish market has contracted for two consecutive years in 2018 and 2019. Your presence here today is testament to your commitment to strengthening your collaboration with IVECO.”

During the meeting he also spoke about the improvement in IVECO Turkey’s performance on the market: the company has reached the third position in the ranking for the 3.5 tonne segment, and has outperformed the market on a year-to-date basis.

Fabio Pellegrinelli, Medium-Heavy Line & CKD manager for Africa and Middle East (AME) markets, presented an outlook of the commercial vehicles industry in the AME region, and highlighted the capillarity of IVECO’s Sales & Service Network in these markets.

At the event, Andrea Scollo, AME Key Account, Direct Sales and Tenders Manager, stated: “Today IVECO works with Turkish bodybuilders with a dedicated team and a dedicated tropicalised line-up in order to support them to exploit the opportunities offered by the African and Middle Eastern perimeter. This area is rapidly changing: we are facing the challenge of a competitive market where flexibility and affordability are not enough anymore; it is increasingly necessary to set up an assembly plant locally in order to comply with local import regulations.

“We strongly believe in Turkish bodybuilders. By combining their qualitative products, their resonance in AME countries with IVECO’s network and assembly facilities, we are confident that we will jointly increase our penetration and market share, serving these markets with high-quaity tropicalised products for a large variety of applications, assembled locally where necessary.”

At the end of the session the body builders had the opportunity to ask questions and provide their feedback.

IVECO Turkey also presented the updated website dedicated to body builders, which provides IVECO’s technical drawings and guidelines for fitting bodies to each model and version in its vehicle offering.

The meeting ended with a guided walkaround of the complete range displayed in the auditorium: the Daily, Eurocargo, Stralis X-Way and Trakker. IVECO offers a complete range of light, medium and heavy vehicles, with the latest models being launched simultaneously on the Turkish and European markets. The offering is the result of IVECO’s focus on its core values of Sustainability, Total Cost of Ownership, Technology and Business Partnership with its customers.


Most Popular

To Top