Inspectors have visited 38 sites where at least 400 workers were found to be working
Kuwait’s Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour has said around 278 private companies have violated the ban on outdoor work during summer.
The ban had been introduced by the ministry to begin from June 1 until August 31 to protect workers from the simmering summer heat. According to the regulations, workers are prohibited from toiling in open areas between 11am-4pm.
Inspectors from the ministry nearly have visited 38 sites where at least 400 workers were found working and their employers were let off with a warning, the ministry said.
Bahrain, Qatar and the UAE have introduced similar rules and mobilised inspection teams to ensure that labourers, mainly in the construction sector, are protected from the scorching summer heat.