Najeeb Mohammed Saleh, director of Planning Department at Dubai Municipality says the organisation is to provide investment opportunities representing 10% of areas at several of its major parks. The list of parks includes Creek, Zabeel, Mushrif, Mamzar and Safa parks as well as the recently opened 64ha $35 million Quranic Park in the Al Khawaneej […]
Najeeb Mohammed Saleh, director of Planning Department at Dubai Municipality says the organisation is to provide investment opportunities representing 10% of areas at several of its major parks.
The list of parks includes Creek, Zabeel, Mushrif, Mamzar and Safa parks as well as the recently opened 64ha $35 million Quranic Park in the Al Khawaneej district of the city.
“The aim of these opportunities is to invest approximately 10% of the area of each park to implement investment projects to serve the community and raise the level of happiness of visitors to public parks, in addition to optimizing the resources and assets available to the Municipality,” he said.
Dubai Municipality recently participated in the Annual Investment Forum 2019,to highlight the investment opportunities available in a number of parks in the Emirate of Dubai. Potential for development includes spaces for events, restaurants and kiosks.
Dubai Municipality on six of its major parks:
- The Creek Park distinguishes with its facilities and services such as picnic and barbecue areas, children’s games, sea cruises and bicycle rentals, as well as a wide range of facilities, such as the Dubai Dolphin Center and the Children’s City, which offer various sections and shows. The park has received nearly 3.8 million visitors over the last three years.
- The Mamzar Smart Park, which is part of the beach parks category, is characterized by its vast area and its unique location on the golden sands of the beach, where there are many areas and entertainment and recreational sites spread over the magnificent park on an area of 99 hectares. The park offers beach facilities, children’s games, chalet rentals and beach sports courts, as well as swimming pools, a skating arena, and a variety of activities. The park receives the largest number of visitors to Dubai’s major public parks, with a total of 5.7 million visitors in the last three years.
- Mushrif Park has an international village that provides 13 models for Arab and foreign residences. The park also boasts entertainment and recreational facilities such as electronic entertainment, swimming pools, restaurants, cafeterias, train and theater services. The number of visitors has reached 3.35 million over the past three years.
- Zabeel Park is considered one of the most important projects of the Municipality with its vital location, spacious area and unique facilities. It is also an exceptional type of modern urban project. The number of visitors during the past three years was nearly 3.1 million.
- Safa Park is located on four public roads opposite the Dubai Water Canal. The number of visitors over the past three years has exceeded 730,000. One of its main facilities is a mini-garden for women. There are children’s play areas as well as catering services, cafeterias, mosques, theater, jogging track and sports ground service.